How to measure your ring size?
Ideally, you know your ring size. However, bear in mind that it varies depending on the finger you choose wear the rings on. You can also go and see a jeweller to get your ring measured professionally.
Alternatively, here is a simple way of determining your ring size:
Choose a ring that fits the desired finger well. Then measure the inside diameter using a ruler. Make sure you measure the wides part in the centre of the.
Step 2: Determine your ring size
The inside diameter translates into a ring size. Please note that countries use different ways to express ring sizes. Our online studio currently only displays UK and US sizes. The table shows the corresponding ring sizes for other countries.
|Inside diameter (in mm)||UK, Australia, South Africa||USA, Canada||Germany Russia, Asia||Italy, Spain, Netherlands|
|15.3||I||4 ½||15 ¼||7 ¾|
|15.6||J||4 ¾||15 ½||8 3/8|
|J ½||5||15 ¾||9|
|16.2||K||5 ¼||16||9 5/8|
|K ½||5 ½||16 ½||10 ¼|
|16.6||L||5 ¾||-||10 7/8|
|L ½||6||16 ½||11 ½|
|16.9||M||6 ¼||16 ¾||12 1/8|
|M ½||6 ½||17||12 ¾|
|17.2||N||6 ¾||-||13 3/8|
|O ½||7 ¼||17 ½||14 5/8|
|18.1||P||7 ½||17 ¾||15 ¼|
|P ½||7 ¾||18||15 7/8|
Donald’s ring-sizing tips
- Go for a snug fit. “As jewellers, we always say the ring should ‘go on easy, come off hard”, Donald says. “This means you have the right fit and the ring is sized properly for the finger, minimizing the risk of loss.”
- Keep seasons in mind. “Your fingers tend to change size throughout the course of the year, especially during summer and winter,” Cam says. “They’ll swell up a bit during the summer so keep that in mind, so the ring doesn’t become uncomfortable to wear during those months.”
- Consider the width of the band. “The wider the band, the tighter it will fit,” says Donald, who recommends going up .25 to .5 size for rings with wider styles.
- Warm up your hands. If you’ve just come in from the cold or naturally have colder hands, Cam recommends warming them to room temperature for the most accurate ring sizing.
- Go big. If you get two different finger measurements or find that a ring you wear often fits differently from time to time, Donald says it’s best to choose a slightly larger ring size, and, if you can, consult a professional.
If in doubt, contact our customer care team via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)207 351 2333